Offsite Solutions has launched the only RIBA-accredited CPD training programme for bathroom pods.
Entitled ‘Modular bathroom pods – what, why and where?’, the seminar examines all aspects of bathroom pod specification to help architects, contractors and developers design and procure factory-built bathrooms, ensuite shower rooms and wet rooms more effectively. The programme looks at how to get the best out of this type of offsite construction and the latest innovations and technical advancements in bathroom pod technology.
The interactive CPD workshop, which includes a presentation and a question and answer session, can be arranged at a time and venue to suit attendees.
The RIBA-approved seminar looks at:
- The advantages of factory-built bathrooms
- Different pod types
- Design, manufacture, testing, delivery and installation
- Key specification considerations
- How to procure bathroom pods
- Sustainability issues.
Commenting on the launch of the new CPD programme, Richard Tonkinson, Executive Director of Offsite Solutions said: “As a leading manufacturer of bathroom pods, we are well placed to help educate specifiers about the use of modular bathrooms to maximise efficiency.”
“Early engagement, for example, is really important and too many specifiers are still unaware of this requirement. If a scheme is designed for traditionally-built bathrooms, it then becomes more complicated to switch to an offsite solution because the installation of the pods has to be allowed for in the build up of walls and floors. This is why it is so important for us to help architects, contractors and developers to understand how to get the best out of bathroom pod technology to maximise the benefits and design out any potential issues.”
Offsite Solutions offers a comprehensive and expanding range of bathroom pods to suit different building types and applications. Options include:
- Steel-framed pods with traditional tiled finishes for high-end apartments, student residences and hotels
- Robust and low maintenance GRP composite pods for student accommodation, care homes, social housing and healthcare applications
- Concrete base pods for high specification wet rooms
- GRP hybrid pods for additional design flexibility
- Demountable GRP pods for ease of installation in refurbishment schemes and projects with restricted access.
All attendees on an Offsite Solutions CPD seminar will receive a certificate as proof of attendance, helping to maintain their professional accreditation.